When Mapquest came out, I was one of the first users.
Same thing with Jigsaw (thanks Garth Moulton & Al), Hoopla, and SalesLoft!
So when I was asked by Abe Smith, VP of Badgeville this week at dinner, “if you were stranded on a desert island somewhere and only had 5 technologies you could choose, what would they be?”
- Hoopla/Gamification – Gamifying inside sales behaviors adds tremendous value, and it’s FUN!
- SalesForce.com/CRM – You’ve gotta have a great CRM.
- ConnectAndSell/Sales Acceleration – If I ever left ConnectAndSell, there is no way I could go back to manual dialing. Enabling my BEST reps to make 6-8X more calls/conversations vs. hiring brand new Lead Gen Reps who are less versed in business is a no brainer.
- ZoomInfo/Lead Database – I used to recommend Jigsaw (now Data.com) until the SalesForce acquisition. Since then, data quality seems to have dropped off, and they have made a business decision to try to embed D&B in more deals making it much more expensive. ZoomInfo has more data, and more up to date data, and cost is reasonable.
- *PAUSE* This is where I ran through all those “nice to have” tools and couldn’t immediately come up with another MUST HAVE’s! Certainly SalesLoft or Social123, or ToutApp/Yesware, or WebEx or Join.Me, or dozens more… The next day another colleague reminded me of Marketing Automation. Sure, I would agree, if there is a 5th, that’s probably it!
These are the Burmeister Top 5 for 2014. Until the new “Mapquest” comes along with another game changer, these are my five!
What would be your #5? Please post here – I’d love to see / hear about what’s making your inside sales team more productive in 2014!
After 30+ years with three companies, my Uncle was let go in a reorganization with his company in Houston, TX. He started looking for a job “the old fashioned way” when I shared with him three simple steps to find a Credit & Collections Manager role:
2) Load the list into a FREE tool called MailChimp and design an email template that basically says “this is an unsolicited introduction, please refer me to the hiring authority for ______” and email them
3) When these CFOs and VPs open your emails, load them into ConnectAndSell and call those who opened your email.
This process kicks off tomorrow. Let’s race! We’ll see if this blog post shared in the Houston, TX area gets him hired faster, or if the 1, 2, 3 process above does.
Link to Ron’s Resume:
In the past week, I’ve received dozens of inquiries from colleagues, prospective clients, and investors considering making an investment in “Sales Acceleration Technology” such as InsideSales.com or ConnectAndSell. They ask – “why are you still showing up as a reference customer for InsideSales.com if you work for their biggest competitor – ConnectAndSell?
ANSWER: I will stand by the fact that the InsideSales.com platform helped me to put in a process lead follow-up that increased call volumes by 2X. To net out the improvement, when I took over the team at ON24, call volume for a Lead Gen Rep was 30 calls/day (unacceptable). Over the course of a few quarters, by removing non-selling activities, the Lead Gen group improved call volume to 60+ calls/day. What the quote below doesn’t show – it takes 22 dials to have a single b2b conversation. So, these 60 – 100 dials/day were only producing 3 – 5 conversations!
|The PowerDialer has dramatically improved leverage for our team. We’ve increased call volume and connect rates by more than 2X. Our lead gen group has driven more meetings than ever before.”|
|Chad Burmeister, Director of Corporate Sales, ON24|
“At ConnectAndSell, my sales team of 9 Account Executives in Denver, CO made 18,000 dials in just 3.5 business days and nearly 100,000 dials in December 2014! This is compared to 18,000 in all of Q3 by the entire sales staff at my last company!” Chad Burmeister, VP of Sales & Marketing
The Bottom Line: Increasing calls/day from 30 to 60 or 100/day is “ok“, but can it really move the needle in Pipeline and Bookings? ANSWER: Probably not! At least it didn’t for my last company. As Josiane Feigon said on February 6th in San Francisco at the American Association of Inside Sales Professionals Regional Event, “a Sales Superhero should be having upwards of 25+ conversations/day.” http://www.tele-smart.com/blog/aa-isp-san-francisco/ In fact, in her video, Josiane showed an example of a Sales Professional doing just that–using ConnectAndSell. Dave Elkington, President and Co-Founder of InsideSales.com at the same event said, “ConnectAndSell drives sales acceleration and compresses sales cycles.” I couldn’t have said it better myself!
So what? If you are considering an investment in Sales Acceleration Technology, I’d encourage you to run a pilot test comparing the two options. Success criteria should be simple and focused on the outcomes you are looking for – which technology/solution delivers more conversations and more pipeline/bookings? Visit www.connectandsell.com to learn more!
As a Denver Bronco Fan, like a lot of folks, a bit disappointed with the outcome of the Super Bowl last night. But the outcome also makes me think about some life lessons that we can all learn from:
1) “Any given Sunday” – Anything can happen on a Sunday in Football. The same holds true of a sales team. TEAM = Together Everyone Achieves More. My Sales team has an aggressive sales quota this month, and TOGETHER, they can and will achieve it.
2) “Luck is What Happens When Preparation Meets Opportunity”. I learned today that the Seattle Seahawks played the game a lot differently than the Denver Broncos. Everyone heard that Seattle was ranked the #1 Defense, but did you know WHY? ANSWER: The Seattle Seahawks invested up to 4-6 hours/day watching the film, NOT just of the plays, but of the individual players. They knew that when Peyton Manning twitched his left leg, that he would tend to follow that twitch with another repeatable action. How does this apply to a Sales Team? ANSWER: To truly be the best sales person, it is essential to know why buyers buy, and how your competition is selling to them. How will you present your product & service so that the buyer understands the “unique business value”?
3. It’s all about your Unique Business Value! The Super Bowl commercials this year seemed dull compared to prior years (maybe it’s just me). But what was incredible, how the car companies used their 30 second spots to highlight they UBV (Unique Business Value). The best one I saw was the Kia Commercial that was done like the Matrix – I’ve never thought about buying a Kia, now I think of it as an inexpensive luxury car.
4. The will be another Super Bowl – next year! If you didn’t hit your target in January as a Sales Rep, you can do it in February! Pick yourself up, stay the course, learn from your mistakes.
Conclusion: Although disappointing this year, both teams get to go home in good health, and live to fight another day. They should all be thankful for that. My company, ConnectAndSell, enables Sales teams to be 3-8X more productive. It’s like the Seattle Seahawks advantage last night. If you want to have an unfair advantage like the Seahawks seemed to have, check out http://www.connectandsell.com.
After having a great and full life, an InsideSales.com Sales Rep gets to the pearly gates, and Saint Peter says to the Rep, “Before you come in, what one unsolved mystery would you like to know about life?”
The InsideSales.com Sales Rep smiles, looks down on his nice car, his nice home, his nice family, and then asks Saint Peter, “What is the one decision in my life that had I made a different decision, would have made the biggest impact in my life?” Saint Peter says, “Son, you did good. You chose InsideSales.com and in your 25 year selling career, you made over 500,000 dials, you talked to nearly 25,000 people, you held well over 5,000 web meetings with your prospects and customers, and you ended up with a nice car, a nice home, and a nice family, what more could you want?”
At about this time, a ConnectAndSell Sales Rep gets to the pearly gates, and finds himself standing in line behind the InsideSales.com Sales Rep. Saint Peter says, “Next in line”. So at this point, rather than continuing on, the InsideSales.com Sales Rep holds up and really wants to hear what question the ConnectAndSell Sales Rep will ask Saint Peter. So Saint Peter asks the ConnectAndSell Rep, “Before you come in, what one unsolved mystery you would like to know about life?” The ConnectAndSell Sales Rep smiles, looks down on his nice car, his nice home, his nice family, and then asks Saint Peter, “What is the one decision in my life that had I made a different decision, would have made the biggest impact in my life?” Saint Peter says, “Son, you did good. You chose ConnectAndSell and in your 25 year selling career, you made over 500,000,000 dials, you talked to nearly 250,000 people, you held well over 50,000 web meetings with your prospects and customers, and you ended up with a nice car, a nice home, and a nice family, what more could you want?”
At this point, the InsideSalesRep.com Sales Rep gets frustrated at what he’s overheard and jumps into the conversation. ”Saint Peter, I don’t understand, you gave me the same reply that you gave the ConnectAndSell Sales Rep–my biggest competitor, my arch-nemesis!” To which Saint Peter replies, “You both have a nice car, a nice house, and a nice family”.
By now, God overhears the debate between Saint Peter and these two Sales Professionals. So God jumps in and says, “It’s pretty simple really, Saint Peter is right, you both have a nice car, a nice house, and a nice family. The difference is, the ConnectAndSell Sales Rep had an unfair advantage. His solution enabled him to talk to make 10X as many dials, talk to 10X more people, run 10X as many web meetings, and as a result, sold a lot more than you did and ended up with a more luxurious car, a beautiful home and a very happy family!”
InsideSales.com Sales Rep Lifetime Achievements:
ConnectAndSell Sales Rep Lifetime Achievements:
Brought to you by Chad Burmeister.
In her recent blog post, Jill Konrath nails the problem with most b2b sellers today – they are too reliant upon technology. The fact remains – people sell deals, not technology!
An excerpt from the blog:
Let’s focus in on social media like LinkedIn, Twitter, blogs, and Facebook. You don’t think they’re worthless — or do you?
Joanne Black: Social-selling tools are great for research, identifying trigger events, and finding mutual connections.
But even if you gather all the social intelligence available on a prospect, that information isn’t going to give you much of an advantage over your competitors, who have access to the same tools and information.
What will differentiate you from the rest and get you in front of the decision-maker hasn’t changed a bit; it’s still a personal connection and a referral from someone the client trusts.
So if we believe talking to prospects is important, what should we do about it as B2B sellers? At DreamForce this year, Shawn McLaren of ConnectAndSell, said, “Imagine if you threw away all the telephones in your office, and relied on email and social media only – would you sell as much?” ”Now reverse that, what if your sales team drove 5-8X more conversations using a technology that helped them do so. Would they sell more?”
ANSWER: You bet they would! To prove it, sign one of your sales reps up to take the ConnectAndSell challenge by clicking here to apply.
In the next few months, Sales Professionals all over the country will be invited to participate in the “ConnectAndSell Challenge” and each month an iPad will be given away to the winning Sales Professional!
What is it? Every GREAT sales person that I know claims to be on the “top of the leader board”. In reality, there are the top 50 percent, and the bottom 50 percent.
So which are you?
When you call someone who has never heard of your product or solution – so you say “I’m just calling to follow-up on an email I sent you?” OR…
Do you have what it takes to “knife into” the conversation and convert a call into an opportunity?
How does the contest work? ConnectAndSell enables sales professionals to make up to 150 outbound calls to prospects every hour through a combination of SaaS technology and agents in call centers around the globe.
When the clock starts, you will have 60 minutes to talk to as many prospects as you can and try to convert them into a meeting. The Sales Rep with the most meetings scheduled at the end of the month WINS an iPad!
Click here to see if you qualify to participate in this contest.